City of Light
This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
Paris is commonly known for its arts, cafe culture and fashion. In fact, more people may know it as a romantic destination. But Paris is more than that as it is also known as the City of Light.
The name originated in the mid-17th century when Paris was in the midst of the Fronde with the rest of the country. Louis XIV succeeded the throne during this time from his father when he was only five years old. He later on appointed Gabriel Nicolas de la Reynie as the new Lieutenant General of Police and tasked him to restore law and order in Paris. One of the ideas he had was to place more lights in the city to deter crimes. He asked lanterns to be placed on the streets and Parisian to light candles and lamps by their windows at night. The city gained the title "Ville Lumière" as the result of this, which literally translates into City of Light.
Paris today is a metropolitan city. Although you are unlikely to walk through unpaved streets with thickened blood that was tossed out from slaughterhouses, you can still experience the City of Light in modern day. This photograph of La Défense was created after sunset but before the sky turned completely dark. La Défense is a business district that is a representation of contemporary Paris. It is on the western end of the historic axis that runs for just over six miles from the Lourve.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
CITY OF LIGHT IS A LIMITED EDITION OF 20 ONLY
Studio: 16"x24" £850
Gallery: 24"x36" £1200
Master: 32"x45" £1990
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color and the type of frame depending on the size of the artwork.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. Artworks presented in window mount are matted with window mats and bevel-cut. Artworks presented in box frame are mounted to a backing board.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.