City of Towers
This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
Tuscany was the center of the western world during the Renaissance. Medieval cities like Siena and Florence were the prime location where the concept of humanism flourished. The philosophy of "Man is the measure of all things." manifested in art, architecture, politics, science, and literature.
San Gimignano was a medieval town strategically located along the pilgrimage route to Florence. The inhabitants of the walled city leveraged that to their wealth and build towers as a symbolism of egoism and power. There were around 70 towers during its peak until the mid 14th century when it suffered the plague pandemic. Although the city itself remains structurally intact, there are only about 15 towers left today.
I visited San Gimignano during the summer and walked the same cobbled streets that were taken by scholars centuries ago. Strolling aimlessly in the narrow alleys, I can't help but wonder how it was like to have lived here during one of the greatest times in human history. This artwork is a panoramic view of San Gimignano from a vineyard across the hill. The sun had just risen, illuminating the entire city in a soft, earthy hue. The colors were subtle, much like the limited color palette the grandmasters used to paint in the medieval times.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
CITY OF TOWERS IS A LIMITED EDITION OF 20 ONLY
Studio: 40"x20" £1150
Gallery: 50"x25" £1800
Master: 60"x30" £2400
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color of frame which I am happy to assist you with that.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. All panoramic artworks are mounted to a backing board and presented in a box frame.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.