This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
Elaborated geometrics, wooden arabesque motif, and stucco - these are some of the characteristics of Moorish architecture that flourished in North Africa and the Iberian Peninsula during the 15th century. The distinct architectural style is a fusion of Berber, pre-Islamic Iberian, and the Middle East Islamic culture. The most common constructive element in Moorish architecture is the horseshoe arch. Designs are often symmetrical and introverted where the elaborated interiors are only meant to be seen behind closed doors.
This photograph was created in Bahia Palace in Marrakesh during late morning. The sunlight was bright enough to adequately illuminate the beautiful decor of this entrance under the shade. Here you can appreciate several features of aforementioned Moorish architecture, including intricate arabesque motifs and beautifully decorated arch. The outer arch resembles a crescent moon, which is also an important symbol in Islam. Lastly, how the sun partially lit the wooden door created half an arch or crescent, depending on your interpretation, which adds interestingness to the photograph.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
HALF-MOON IS A LIMITED EDITION OF 20 ONLY
Studio: 24"x16" £850
Gallery: 36"x24" £1200
Master: 45"x32" £1990
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color and the type of frame depending on the size of the artwork.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. Artworks presented in window mount are matted with window mats and bevel-cut. Artworks presented in box frame are mounted to a backing board.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.